Monday, December 10, 2007

Meet the Creative Team: Melinda Alexander

Today, we'd like to introduce you to another new member of our Creative Team: Melinda Alexander. You may recognize Melinda's name--and you'll definitely recognize her photos of her son--from previous issues of Digital Scrapbooking. Melinda lives along the Murray River in Australia with her husband Joel and four-year-old son Jordan.

Her location makes her a perfect photographer for our magazine. Since Australia's seasons are reversed from the Northern Hemisphere, Melinda can look forward to getting frantic calls in February asking for summery-looking shots... and vice versa!

How long have you been scrapbooking digitally?
I've been working digitally for three years. I was never a paper scrapper.

How did you get into digital?
I stumbled into digital while trying to find a way to make a personalized baby album for my son and knew right away it was for me. I had long loved playing around with photos and editing software!

What's something most people don't know about you?
I stay up late at night--I mean ridiculously late--to get scrapping done. It's the only chance I have for some time to myself.

Do you have a tip you'd like to share with Digital Scrapbooking's readers?
To get great photos of kids, let your shooting be spontaneous. Interact with them while they are doing their own thing... sing silly songs or play fun games to get their attention.


1 comment:

havagr8day said...

that is fabulous Mel, love the Lo too.