Thursday, December 13, 2007

Meet the Creative Team: Becky Pogatchnik

Today, we'd like you to meet the fifth member of our Creative Team: Becky Pogatchnik. Becky's strongly graphic layouts, infused by a sense of whimsy, are regularly featured in Digital Scrapbooking. She's known for her blending of journaling, design and photographs with a strong focus on the meaning behind each picture. She lives in Minnesota with Jamie, her husband of eleven years, and Sam, her six-year-old daughter.

How did you get into digital scrapbooking?

I have been scrapping digitally for a year and a half. It was supposed to have been “just one layout.” And that one turned into another. And another. And I never looked back. My once prized and hoarded paper supplies are now play things for my six-year-old.


Can you share a little about your scrapbooking philosophy with Digital Scrapbooking's readers?

Digital is such an ideal medium for my ultra-simple style. Some days, I barely consider myself a scrapper—I see myself as more of a biographer of sorts. My goal is to document my daughter’s life through words and photos (in that order). I want her to know who she was. Who I was. Who we were together. I create lots of “sans photo” layouts. No photos. Just words. I think it’s perfectly acceptable to just write. Don’t over-think it. Just say it. Don’t worry about complete sentences. Write like you talk. And write it while you still remember. My daughter says classic things on a daily basis, and it's usually while I'm driving. Whenever she does, I discreetly pick up my cell phone and call my voice mail, repeating what she just said.

Thanks + Giving


What's something most people don't know about you?

A surprising fact about me? There aren’t many. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve. I’m passionate about life. I’m passionate about living it. Okay, here’s one. I’m addicted to America’s Next Top Model. But only so I can learn from the photo shoots.


Dear Santa

5 comments:

The Tattooed Lady said...

Congratulations, Becky. I look forward to seeing more of your layouts!

Krissy said...

WTG B!!! I'm so proud of you, and so so SO happy for you!

Lori Kelso said...

Woohoo, B!!! LOVE seeing the new pics of the beautiful little miss!! Congrats to you, once again!

Kami said...

Way to go, girl!! You are totally awesome and such a huge inspiration to me and so many others!!! So proud of you!!!

Kami said...

Way to go, girl!!! I am so proud of you and thanks for being such a great inspiration to me!!!