Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Meet the Creative Team: Deena Wuest

Today, we'll meet a third member of our new Creative Team: Kansas resident and regular Digital Scrapbooking contributor Deena Wuest.

Clean, crisp and uncluttered, Deena's scrapbooking style is one that could only be achieved with digital tools and techniques. Married for thirteen years to her husband Joe, she's also a mom of three: seven-year-old daughter Savanna, six-year-old son Skyler and baby girl Brooklyn (the star of the layout below). "I've always had a passion for graphic design," Deena says. "Digital scrapbooking has given me the perfect outlet to combine this passion with my first love: my family."

How did you get started in digital scrapbooking?
I started paper scrapbooking seven years ago when my daughter was born and made the leap to digital about two years ago. I actually agonized over the decision to switch from paper, and I'll never fully understand why. My favorite part of paper scrapping was designing my text and layouts in Microsoft Word, so going digital should have been a no-brainer. When I finally got a copy of Photoshop Elements, I was in absolute heaven--I kicked myself for not trying it sooner. These fingers haven't touched paper since!

Do you have a tip you'd like to share with Digital Scrapbooking's readers?
When I download a kit, I make a copy of the preview file included in the ZIP file and save it in a separate folder titled "Previews - Kits." That way, when I want to look through my supplies, I can open this folder in Windows Explorer, change the View option to "Filmstrip," and see at a glance a large photo of everything in the kit. Since I don't have to open each kit folder separately, it saves a lot of time. It's also very inspiring to look through all the gorgeous kits. (I also make separate preview directories for my accents, alphas, and templates.)

Sneak peek layout:


3 comments:

Katrina Kennedy said...

Congratulations Deena! Your page is so classicly you :)

The Tattooed Lady said...

Congratulations, Deena! I love the page.

Lori Kelso said...

Can't believe she's already that big!! What a doll baby she is! Congrats Deena, I love seeing something new from you!