Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Meet the Creative Team: Cassie Jones

Today, we'd like to introduce a fourth member of our Creative Team: Cassie Jones. Her bright, cheerful pages and attention-grabbing techniques have been featured regularly in the pages of Digital Scrapbooking since the magazine's launch. She lives in Texas with her husband Jeffry and their five-year-old son Jack, the star of many of Cassie's layouts.

How did you get started in digital scrapbooking?
I have been scrapbooking digitally since the fall of 2006. I tried really hard to be a paper scrapper, but I just wasn't producing much. I've always been comfortable at a computer, and when I became a stay-at-home mom, I decided to pick up a book and learn the Adobe Creative Suite. I was hooked by the second chapter, but never finished the book. I just learned enough to get myself addicted, and took it from there.

Do you have a tip you'd like to share with Digital Scrapbooking's readers?
The main photography tip I would give scrapbookers is to keep an eye out for unusual perspectives. Take your shots from unexpected angles, and the results will make fabulous pages!

What's something most people don't know about you?
I think the thing that most surprises people (who don't know me well) is that I have some sort of subconscious fear of completing things (other than scrapbooking). I do pretty much everything to about 96% completion, then I walk away and start something else. If the kitchen is clean and I come across a spoon that got missed, I just put it in the sink and walk away. It's a strange sort of comfort. Crazy? I think so.

Filled with the Spirit

No comments: