Monday, November 17, 2008

What's the Next Step?

As most of you have heard by now, Digital Scrapbooking magazine will cease the print portion of its offering after the February-March 2009 issue, which will be on sale January 13, 2009. (If you haven't heard, the official announcement is here.)

To say we're disappointed in this decision would be a huge understatement. We're heartbroken. We have worked together as a team to bring you two years' worth of magazine issues, trying to ensure that each issue was even better than the last. You've been loyal supporters since from day 1, and we've loved reading your letters and seeing your creative pages and projects. And although it was nothing but the economy turning along with rising costs that made this decision necessary, it's still very discouraging.

Despite this disappointment, however, we're working on a plan to continue DSM in some form. We still want to bring you inspiring ideas and tutorials for your scrapbooking and memory keeping, and we want your ideas to make it happen.
We made each issue of the magazine with your input at the forefront of our thoughts, and we want to make sure we're including your ideas while we plan the next step.

What would you like to see DSM become? An e-zine only? A dynamic e-newsletter with tutorials and inspiring ideas? Something completely different? As we work on these next steps, we welcome your ideas. Leave a comment here or send us an email at editor@digitalscrapbooking.com.

Thanks for your support of the magazine these past two years, and your support of the team these past two weeks. We really appreciate you!

9 comments:

Amy Lemaniak said...

While I will truly miss the paper version of the magazine, the e-version was slowly winning me over. It's nice to be able to click on the links directly from the pages and be able to print off any pages that had tips or tricks that I wanted to remember.

So, I guess having the mag in an electronic version would be better than not having it at all.

I'm so disappointed to see it go as it was the only scrapbooking mag that I ever subscribed to since I'm an all digital scrapbooker. It will truly be missed!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

I was so sad to hear this! I love holding the printed magazine in my hands and pouring over it in the car or at bedtime. That being said, I would definitely, without a doubt, subscribe to a special edition a few times a year. You guys will be missed!!

Anonymous said...

Please let us know how you will be handling subscriptions that have been paid for and will not be filled. Thank you.

Janice said...

I loved the paper version and found it difficult to do anything other than skim through the articles in an electronic format, so for me a printable e-newsletter would be a better option. The idea of some specials is very appealing. I'll miss the mag, I've been subscribing for a year and it is such an inpsirational publication. Look forward to hearing your plans.

LTD said...

This is so disappointing, I prefer the printed version to the online but I would rather online than nothing.

Anonymous said...

I truly loved the print version so that I could read it in bed/car/etc. Otherwise, I'm at my computer all day at work, then at night as well (when I get a chance to scrapbook). However, an online version is better than no version if that is my only option. Good luck with the changes; I'm sure it will be stressful! :)

The Reese Family said...

While a newsletter would be nice to print out...I would much prefere the e-zine because it would have more info than a newsletter and I could print off the articles I wanted. I hope this works out because I can't bear the thought of being without you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I ditto what everyone else has said---Your magazine will be greatly missed. I prefer the "written word" as a magazine or online printable newsletter, that I can take with me when on trips or read before dozing off to sleep. But to be honest----I will enjoy any form that you decide to use. I am anxious to hear your plans. Good Luck to all of you.
Patricia

liannallama said...

I am heartbroken about the loss of this mag--it was one of my 2 favorites (the other was Simple and it is going away too!)