Friday, August 10, 2007

Call for submissions for February/March issue

If you've been getting the feeling that love is in the air... it must be because we're planning the February/March issue of Digital Scrapbooking, with a special focus on Valentine's Day and all its romantic accoutrements.

So in addition to our regular "Simply Stunning" and "Kick It Up" galleries, we're putting out the call for layouts about love... all kinds of love! Check it out:

Feature Gallery : The Looks of Love
Valentine's Day is a time to celebrate all kinds of love--from romantic evenings out to tender moments between parent and child. Send us your layouts highlighting love in all its forms... and don't forget to include any special stories or inspiration that give added meaning to your project.

We're looking for something special for "Kick It Up" as well:

Kick It Up: Focus on Brushes
Focus on Brushes: They add shape, texture and interest to layouts. How do you use these versatile tools? Show us your work featuring brushwork techniques from basic to advanced. Include a brief description of how you used brushes on your project. Here are some ideas to inspire you:

* creating custom brushes from photos or scans
* organizing downloaded or purchased brushes
* getting special effects with brush options such as rotation, hardness and scatter

And we're always looking for fresh new eye candy for "Simply Stunning":

Simply Stunning
Send us your layouts on any subject--we'll give special consideration to projects with a seasonal (winter) theme, but all styles and topics are welcome. If there's a special story or inspiration behind your layout, please share that with us as well.

We can't wait to see what you've got to share with us this time! Deadline for all submissions is 11:59:59 (tee hee) p.m., Sunday, August 26. You can submit your work here or, starting Monday, via the Simple Scrapbooks Web site.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a question. On the submission page it says to save our work as a high quality jpeg no larger than 100K. How do you do that? I create all my 12x12 scrapbook pages at 300 dpi. Even after I have flattened my image when I save a jpeg I still have to take the quality all the way down to zero & it's still not 100K. So I guess my question is, do you want a 300 dpi image or is less acceptable? I am a graphic designer but how to make my files 100K w/o saving them at 72 or 100 dpi AND at low quality is beyond me. Could you all shed a little more light on exactly how you want the submission files saved? Thanks so much for the help!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the call notes.

KirstyB said...

Hey Molly!! I heard that emails went out about the next issue being available online to see already...but I never got an email and I can't find where it would be available for viewing??