Thursday, December 07, 2006

Wish list for digital scrapbookers

Ho ho ho, everybody! It's that time of year again... the "Charlie Brown Christmas" soundtrack is streaming from my computer speakers, there's an enormous fir tree taking up most of my family room and some dreadful person has filled my kitchen counters with COOKIES. Must... stop... eating!

So in the spirit of the season, I've collected a few goodies that I think any digital scrapbooker would be thrilled to find wrapped up with her name on them:

  • Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0. This update to a longtime favorite is worth more than a few seconds' glance. Check out the new black-and-white conversion tool... it lets you choose from pre-defined settings like Landscape, Portrait and (my favorite) Urban/Snapshot for a truly artsy effect in seconds. Another fun addition: the Flipbook feature, which allows you to combine a series of photos in an animated sequence. Just like drawing on the corners of your math book in high school! And if you've got a family member who should be scrapping digitally but isn't yet, the new Layout tools might just make her a convert. All she has to do is pick a pre-defined design, add photos and choose a theme to create a good-looking scrapbook page in seconds.
  • Leica D-Lux 3. Yes, it's pricey--but it's a Leica! This cute little 10.0MP package offers Leica's legendary lens quality, optical stabilization for razor-sharp images and the option of shooting in RAW format--a feature not available in your average point-and-shoot camera. And if you buy it in black, it will "brass" over time from wear, just like the classic Leicas prized by photographers from Sebastiao Selgado to Henri Cartier-Bresson.
  • Breathing Color inkjet canvas. Deck your halls with personal works of art. This professional-quality printable canvas, available in four color/texture options, is perfect for turning a favorite photo or layout into a wall-worthy masterpiece. Plus, it's available in sheets or rolls, so you can make a print as large as your printer will allow.
  • Herman Miller Mirra office chair. If you put in as many hours of screen time as most digital scrapbookers do, you know the toll it can take on your shoulders and back. The Mirra chair is roomy, fully adjustable, really cool-looking... and you can get it in red!
What's on your wish list this season? Let us know what you're hoping Santa sends your way!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh! Some new things I have not heard of. I used to sell and manage a Relax the Back store and know my office chairs. HM is pretty good, but I am LOVING my Lifeform chair with memory foam - so good on the tushie! LOL

Glad to see the blog running, Ms. Red! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. My kitchen chair pulled over to my writing table is really not looking pleasant at this point in time... lol I want that Mirra!

Anonymous said...

Looks like we're all in agreement...my back is SCREAMING for that chair! :) I wonder if it's too late to get on that "Nice" list of Santas?

Jo said...

What a chair indeed!! MUST check out that canvas too:)

Anonymous said...

love that chair... think I'll put that on my list :)

Anonymous said...

MOLLY- you have my list!!! Hee hee! LEICA- goodness I was just telling my dh on the weekend what a nice present that would make!!

Anonymous said...

Great list...the Leica looks really cool :-)

Anonymous said...

Cool list don't think I will get any of these unless I have a secret Santa but a girl can wish!! Hugs Wanda

Anonymous said...

hmmmm - I LOVE my Herman Miller chair...but would REALLY love a RED one - LOL! maybe Christmas 2012?! love the blog and the list!

--SP

Michelle said...

I too, would love a new chair! I also have a new monitor and a new HD on my list! :)

Anonymous said...

I just bought my first laptop so I could scrap from bed, but I am wondering how people sit and bed and do this! I think I need a lap desk, but I'm having trouble finding one. I found them with padded material on the bottom, but that still puts pressure on the legs. I want want with little legs! Oh Santa!

Gail Lovely said...

I am getting a wider printer - anyone have feedback to offer on HP 9180?