Friday, October 17, 2008

Are you stumped by color?

Yeah, me too, sometimes.

So imagine how excited I was to discover the Palette Generator (thanks to a tip on Nancy Nally's Scrapbook Update blog). This tool lets you upload a photo--or select one from a Flickr or Photobucket account--and automatically generates a palette of coordinating colors. Perfect for scrapbooking, creating a new blog header or even planning a new look for your living room.

Once you've created a palette, you can download it in Adobe Swatch Exchange (ASE) format to use in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, or you can use the automatically generated CSS code to trick out your Web site.

Here's what I got while playing around with a couple of my own photos:





2 comments:

Aly Dosdall said...

so cool! thanks for sharing that. off to check it out!

Sara D. Elliott said...

OK...this ROCKS! I love the idea...this is the one area I struggle with...once I've got my paper color selected, I'm good, but I take forever and change my mind often. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!!